POSTPONED – due to COVID-19
Watch this space new designs will be released online soon.
Sign up to our newsletter & stay up to date.
Our last Made to Measure event was a huge success, everyone had such a great time, feedback we’ve received from the experience & about garments purchased has been phenomenal.
The whole idea is that you make purchases that are right for you, so you’ll get more wear out of them.
Having the ability to make adaptations is the key.
That Vest… but in the winter wooly knit rather than open weave linen.
That Gown… but in that delicate merino knit rather than summer weight linen.
That dress… but in an autumnal colour.
That belt style… but dark brown and maybe with this other buckle.
So, we’re doing it all again, dedicating an evening to serving you & your requests!
We’re inviting you to a private event which we’re only offering to a small number of attendees.
An opportunity to be guided on styling outfits, so you get the most out of them & understand the different options for how to wear them.
Plus, you can speak directly to the designer & maker to have adjustments made to suit your needs:
Marie-Nicole, Founder of Creators Nest & artisan creating under the by marie-nicole brand for 10+ years making a range of bags, accessories & garments – working with linen, organic cotton, wool knits, kangaroo leather & recycled woollen blankets.
Marie-Nicole will have a selection of easy wear timeless natural fibre garments she’s designed, made & enjoyed over many years that people often ask if she’d make available to customers.
AT THE EVENT
- We’ll be showcasing new winter fabrics & designs, and a special selection of ‘one of a kind’ knitted goods by a local knitter, created out of stunning yarns, from local alpaca wool to silk & merino. This will be the first showing of these items before they’re placed in the store.
- You’ll also receive a measurement card which you can take home to record your measurements & then return it to us to keep on file so you can order new designs in the future made to fit you. Or you organise a time to have measurements taken for you in store.
- On the night you’ll have the opportunity to try on garments and we can take simple measurements to tweak the design for you, such as hem lengths & armhole placements.
- We’ll help you complete your outfits with a selection of accessories made by other makers, represented at Creators Nest. Some items will be available ‘made to order’ to suit your measurements & preference like belts: slim – wide OR statement – understated buckle. Plus, we’ll show you how you can change the look completely with the simple use of a belt or scarf tie (for loose weave knits).
- All this while sipping wine, enjoying delectable delights & sharing the fun with friends & creators who do what they do… for you!
THIS WILL BE AN EVENING OF CONNECTION, CUSTOMISATION & INSPIRATION
Customised orders placed on the night will be created within the following 4-6 weeks… in time for the season change, outdoor festivities & adventures… items can also be purchased off the racks, especially since some items & fabrics will only available as ready made.
EVENT DETAILS: (NEW DATE)
Date: Thursday, April 9th
Location: Creators Nest
Cost: $35 pp*
NB. Ladies only… we’ll host other events that include the gents.
*Drinks, light refreshments & lots of laughter provided.
Limited places available – don’t miss out book now!
Visit us in store to make payment & secure your place.
Email us to reserve your place email@example.com include your full name & phone number (if you’d like to make payment over the phone)
This is slow fashion at it’s best, garments made locally, created to fit you & suit your style… that will last many seasons.
Ps. Share the love, invite a friend.